Workingmen's

Workingmen's

Friday, December 5, 2014

Reflecting: Final Blog



Throughout this class I greatly expanded my knowledge in the concepts concerning Race, Labor, and Migration. After taking many film courses that touched on many of these concepts, I liked that I could further develop and examine such concepts through this different medium. The conversations we had in class were much more in depth than previous classes which I was enrolled in, and through examining both film and literary texts I was able to form deeper connections and build on my current knowledge.
I think I learned the most through the discussions and the personal experiences that were shared from classmates, which followed closely with themes discussed throughout our texts. The texts we read were important, but I believe that the most valuable aspects of the class were the stories and histories discussed and spurred by the concepts that arose from these literary works. These discussions made more of a lasting impression for me, because they were personal, and allowed me to form deeper connections.

1 comment:

  1. I really agree! Not only have the readings been really eye opening for me but the discussions in class really emphasized the fact we are all coming from different mindsets about the material and all have interesting takes on the issues.

    ReplyDelete